The French Blogger Lilijoue Maman Bricole created a tutorial for us on how to make your own Lottie Dollhouse using boxes!
This is a step-by-step tutorial on how she made it! You can use either cardboard or wood – she herself used a wooden wine box!
Muddy Puddles & Fossil Hunter in their new house!
- 2 or 3 boxes - for the building
- Some coloured/patterned paper - for your wallpaper
- Paint & Paintbrushes - she used spraypaint
- Furniture for dolls
- Glue or Screws/Nails - depending on if you use cardboard or wood
1) Choose the largest box you have as your ‘house’ and remove one side - in the picture below, you'll see one side was removed and this was used as the top of the dollhouse
2) Shorten one of the sides to create the asymmetrical roof effect in the attic of the Dollhouse
3) Use the side you removed to create a divider wall between the two downstairs rooms – you can get creative here and add/paint a door if you wish!
4) Stick everything well using glue for cardboard or screws/nails if you’re using wood
5) Paint the dollhouse with several coats for the desired effect
6) Cut the coloured/patterned paper and glue to the walls to create a ‘wallpaper’ effect
7) Put in any doll furniture you own, and have fun!
Voila! There you have it 😊 Your very own Lottie-sized Dollhouse!
Let us know what you think, and if you made it be sure to show us how it turns out 😊 Huge thank you to Lilijoue Maman Bricole for showing us this amazing tutorial!